Cell Line Information:
Depositors: M Romsdahl
Growth Properties: adherent
Organism: Homo sapiens
Tumor Stage: Dukes' type C, grade IV
Disease: colorectal adenocarcinoma
Cellular Products: carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) 908 ng/10 exp6 cells/10 days
Antigen Expression: HLA A11, B15, B17, Cw1, Cw3; blood type B
Age: 56 years
Comments: LoVo was initiated in 1971 from a fragment of a metastatic tumor nodule in the left supraclavicular region of a 56-year-old Caucasian male patient with a histologically proven diagnosis of adenocarcinoma of the colon. The line is positive for expression of c-myc, K-ras, H-ras, N-ras, Myb, sis and fos oncogenes, Myb, and fos oncogenes. Tumor specific nuclear matrix proteins CC-3 and CC-4 are expressed.
The Transfection Reagent:
LoVo Cell Avalanche™ Transfection Reagent is a new class of unique chemical formulations specifically formulated and optimized for transfecting LoVo Cells. The proprietary formulation of lipids and polymers ensures the highest possible transfection efficiencies and viabilities for LoVo Cells. For details of the developing process of this reagent, please go to: How did EZ Biosystems develop Avalanche™ Cell type/cell line specific transfection reagent series?
- Specifically optimized to deliver nucleic acids into LoVo Cells
- Highest efficiency to ensure experimental success
- Lowest Cellular Toxicity-maintain cell density and reduce experimental biases
- Deliver single or multiple plasmids
- Synthesized from 100% animal origin-free components, making it easy to validate the absence of zoonotic diseases, such as BSE or viruses, in research experiments or cells lines
- Simplest and straightforward protocols
- Compatible with serum
- Compatible with transfection in any plate formats
- Reproducible: due to highly controlled chemical synthesis of each of the ingredients, the reagent forms uniformly sized complex particles with nucleic acids. With optimized protocol, our reagent will ensure the reproducible highest transfection results.
- Economical: High efficiency means less amount of nucleic acid & reagent is needed
- Developed and manufactured by EZ Biosystems
|FIG. 1. High throughput test of transfection efficiency (determined as RLU/mg) on T84 cells after transfection of luciferase reporter gene by using our 172 proprietary transfection formulas and several most popular commercial transfection reagents. The yellow box showed the results of 4 commercial transfection reagents. The red lines marked our candidate formulas with the highest transfection efficiency for T84 cells. This test result was confirmed with repeat experiments. The candidate formulas were also tested on Lovo cells by tranfecting GFP expression plasmid, and got the same high transfection efficiency after flow cytometry analysis. The one that showed the optimal balance of potent & low cytotoxicity (percentage of 7AAD positive cells) among those candidate formulas was later named as Lovo Cell Avalanche Transfection Reagent.
For Other Cells:
|LoVo Cell Avalanche™ Transfection Reagent (human colon adenocarcinoma cell) can also be used on the following cells with high transfection efficiencies.
Recommended protocols for these cells will be provided with the reagent. The protocols usually provide satisfactory transfection efficiency with invisible cytotoxicity. However, optimization may be needed for certain type of cells. Optimizations may include: the amount of DNA and this transfection reagent; cell density; transfection reagent/DNA ratio, or incubation time for the mixture of transfection reagent/DNA etc. For best transfection result, we recommend using the respective cell type/cell line specific Avalanche transfection reagents. Those reagents have been optimized on both recipes and protocols, and have been proved to have the best transfection results for the respective cell lines or primary cells. You can easily find the respective Avalanche transfection reagents specific for your cells by using the filters of our product list.
HCT 116 Cell
LS 174T Cell
If you cannot find the answer to your problem below then please
contact us or telephone 01954 210 200